Monday, August 25, 2008

A New Olympic Sport - Hair Hacking



Yes, I finally asked my sister to oblige me and cut all my long tresses off. It was time for a change (and I was still doing all the laundry). So, after a few nice photos of the long hair, I cut it all off.

(And don't mind the real stupid, cheesy photo. I stayed home from church and decided while I was all alone to try the timer on the camera. I spent over 30 minutes timing, clicking, running from camera to spot, reviewing and starting all over again because the color was wierd or my head was chopped off. To wait for somone to come home from church to take it would have required a little patience. Not my virtue.)

Allowable comments:

You may tell me how adorable it is.
You may tell me how I look way skinnier now that it's short.
You may tell me how my eyes sparkle much brighter without the hair distraction.
You may tell me how great it is that I'll be saving a bundle by using less shampoo.
You can even tell me how wonderful you think it is that I can feel the breeze on my neck.

You may tell me pretty much anything, except:

Why on earth did you do that!?
You look fat.
Why would you do such a thing?
You cut off your one true beauty.
Why?
I hate it.
For the love, WHY?
It's out of style. (you all know I've never been "in" style, but I still don't want to hear it).

I'm sorry, but I get way too much grief!

16 comments:

Amanda said...

How about, "I actually like it better cut off than long"? Does that work too? It's true.

Lees Everything Homemade said...

That does work...I like it! Come back anytime.

Shortcake and Company said...

I LOVE your new cut. It's so nice to do something different every now and then. It just looks sassy!

Jenni said...

I'm with Amanda. But then, I've always liked you with short hair. I mean, I like you with long hair, too...But somehow, I just thing short and sassy fits your personality. Can't imagine why...

utmommy said...

Well, I'll use an allowable comment!

I think "it looks great", is allowable! Right?

I just hacked off my hair too.

DeAnna said...

I admit my first thoughts were "what, her hair is so pretty long" BUT I think this is your best short-cut yet!

DeAnna said...

Okay I have to clarify...when Becky told me, those were my first thoughts, before I actually saw it.

Jami said...

Oh Carillisa, I am SO with Amanda and Jen . . . I like it better short! You look fantastic! What's funny is, before I even read your stipulations for the comments to be posted, I was thinking that you did look thinner! I don't know if it's the haircut, or if you're just a skinny little momma, but it's true.

Whatever it is, the short 'do is extremely flattering.

Becky said...

You already know I love it. But what I really love is picturing you take your own picture. L O L
I bet that was fun. :)

Lees Everything Homemade said...

Yeah, the photo session was one to remember...it took way too long and to try and smile naturally while you are posing for yourself, well, it's just wierd!

And, thanks to a summer full of training and a few magic pills, I have lost a little weight. (The magic pills aren't what you're thinking. My doctor suggested 4,000 units of Vit. D a day and she changed the kind of hormone replacement therapy I'm on. It just goes to show that you can work your tail off, but if things are screwy on the inside, your body just doesn't respond well to external measures! Last year I lost 15 pounds just by taking fish oil pills - and exercise of course.)

The Scott and Camille Neilson Family said...

You look great Carallisa! It makes me want to cut mine off. Plus here's an added benefit that you didn't mention- it makes you look younger as well as thinner!

Amanda said...

My doctor just put me on 5000 IU of Vitamin D a day and a special fish oil and a whole bunch of other vitamins, so maybe I'll be losing some weight soon.

Laurie said...

Carillisa, I hadn't stopped in to see what was up on your blog in a while, and when I scrolled down and saw the pic I got so confused. For a second, I wasn't sure if it was your - or your daughter. Yeah, I'm not kidding. (and I mean it in the best way possible) They aren't kidding you when they say that the short hair makes you look younger - you look FAB! I mean... AWESOME! I LOVE IT! Good for you!

Anna said...

Very Cute! Way to go!

Tink said...

I think you should keep these comments the next time you can't decide:)

Laura F said...

Very cute!!! I love it short - it looks so shiny and thick, very young! Sorry to hear you were so sick for your triathalon after all that work - I thought of you all summer when I saw people swimming laps in the pool!