Saturday, August 2, 2008

Official Welcome


This is an official welcome to our new kitty, Smokey (a.k.a. Stupid Cat). He showed up in our hedge a month ago. I went looking for a baby robin with a broken wing, attempting to tape it up and save it's life, when this little guy was discovered. He was skinny, crying and nestled in the hedge. I took him out and immediately Allison took to him. She fed him and carried him around all night long. The following three days resulted in begging and pleading to keep the cat. When we told her she would most likely have to get rid of him, she cried herself to sleep until 1 AM.

She and her friend, Taylor, promised to take care of this kitty. Play with him, feed him, clean up after his little "messes". You know, the typical kid-trying-to-suck-their-parents-in drill. They even made me a little card letting me know that they had named him and that even though I could take him away, I could never take their love for him away. It was real pathetic and cute and it worked. We caved and Richard even came home from work an hour early one day to help them make a cat house.

Gavin wasn't happy about it at all. He was afraid we wouldn't love Kolibar anymore. He is adjusting now, but he still makes special efforts to pamper Kolibar more than normal.

Allison named him Smokey, but Richard will call him "Stupid Cat" for the rest of his little life.







4 comments:

Shortcake and Company said...

How sweet...I love the picture of Allison supervising the cat house building.

Anna said...

What determination! I love Allison's checking to see if it's good enough pose too!

DeAnna said...

I need one of those...maybe I will call Gavin and Allison if I need a paint job

utmommy said...

You are a way better mom than I am. I would've said no.

Your new roof looks great!!!

How cute that they did that for your anniversary! I love it!