Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Triathlon Update

Some of you have asked, and for those that are interested, here is an update on how my triathlon training is coming along:


Biking Part - I have always loved biking and could go all day. I timed myself the other day and on a gradual incline, facing a head wind, on a mountain bike that slows me down, I made it just over three miles in 12 minutes. I'm sure that's not much to the pros, but I'll take it.

Running Part - I don't love running that much, but I have finally conquered being able to run 2 measley miles without collapsing and gasping for my life. I know that isn't real impressive, but I only have to run 1.7 miles for the race.

Swimming Part - I am going to drown.


I am pretty sure that when this race is over, I'll stick to bike tours and NO races. I don't mind training for the Speedy Spaniard, but I would be surprised if I ever signed up to actually do it. Who needs the pressure? And as far as swimming goes, I am just glad to say when this summer is over, I can stick my face under water without invoking sheer panic. Mission accomplished.

9 comments:

Jenni said...

I applaud your two measly miles. More than I can do, honey. Bravo to you!

Tink said...

Progress is progress however you measure it. Good job!!

Amanda said...

Are you doing the triathlon at the Scera pool in Orem? My neighbor and I are training for the same one (novice) and I feel the same as you. Although the running is what's going to kill me. I can do the swimming no problem, but I just about died running a mile and a half this morning. But hey, we've got two and a half more weeks to train. Good luck!

Lees Everything Homemade said...

I am thrilled someone I know is going to be there too! Good luck to you as well! The novice tri is the very one I signed up for.

Peggy said...

I second Jenni's comments. I'm so proud of you!!

Alishia said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!! Good luck! bah ha ha ha ha (*I really am a nice person, but that is just funny)

utmommy said...

Good job!

I love swimming. That would be the one part that I could do. Running is not my thing.

Malia said...

You are doing better than I ever could. Way to go, girl!! Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for even setting the goal. I tried to start running and can barely go 1 mile at a steady pace, so I quit. You're doing great! Keep it up!