Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wacky Gone Wild

Today was Wacky Wear Day, as voted on by the student council. Gavin came home from his meeting so excited about the fun week they had planned.

Tuesday was Quiet As A Mouse Day where no one could talk. If you did, you had to give up an M&M. The goal was to keep all your M&M's until the end of the day.



Today was Wacky Wear Day. As you can see, the kids were very wacky. Gavin buttoned two different shirts together and Allison wore Gavin's clothes. She considered that the extreme of wackiness. And their hair... Gavin declared boys were lucky they didn't have to wear elastics in their hair and Allison enjoyed twisting her braids in all sorts of different do's.



Tomorrow is Hat Day and Allison can't wait to wear her sparkly Princess hat from Aunt Jenny. Friday is Pajama Day.

7 comments:

Jenni said...

I love the Quiet as a Mouse Day. Absolutely brilliant. Now, how do I apply that one at home?

I finally figured out the secret to surviving the drive home carpool. The DVD player in the car. Pathetic, I know....but I'm much less likely to drive off the road into the nearest ditch when it has silenced the wild natives in the back.

Fran said...

Hey Richard (aka elder Bean)

Remember us? Francisco Batanero and Ana from Jerez.
My wife Ana found this blog from the Malaga-Spain mission web.

Please let us know if we can contact you directly, and we will send you pictures from the family. We sent our e-mail address through the mission web page.

Marisa is now 16, and today she is flying to Wales on an student exchange. She will be there for a week. We also have two twin girls 5 years old.

Betsy Lee said...

How fun! I bet they're just having a blast at school this week! I loved those kinds of weeks when I was growing up!

Becky said...

So does this mean that Gavin is on Student council. I didn't know they had that in elementary school.
I am glad they are so involved it makes school so fun. Sounds like a great week.

Becky said...

BTW - like the new layout. AND LOVE the paintings. I don't think I've seen those. Are they new?

Lees Everything Homemade said...

In answer to Becky's question...yes, Gavin is on student council this year and very excited. His classmates voted on who they wanted to represent their class and Gavin won. He loved being a part of planning this special Spirit Week.

And, those paintings are actually my first ones I ever did. I was trying to see what they would look like if I took a snapshot and posted them as thumbnail type pictures. They still aren't "completed", but oh well. I think I am going to take a picture of the one I did for mom and dad and enlarge it for my bedroom wall. What do ya' think?

Shortcake and Company said...

What a fun way to break up a school week. I love Allison's hair--it looks great!