Monday, January 28, 2008

A Blustery Day





So the wind really kicked up last night. All around the neighborhood garbage cans are tipped over with their contents blowing in the wind. Our neighbor's patio table, situated snugly behind the house and in a small enclosed backyard, was blown over and their cat kennel was knocked over, with the cat still inside. As we left for carpool, I noticed our own house had some damage. A not-too-happy Richard had to climb up and staple a few shingles back in place. I hope all this wind means a really nice snowstorm!

3 comments:

DeAnna said...

Oh boy it was pretty windy here too. We have old windows in our house and I barely got any sleep last night as our window would vary in how loud or quietly it would whistle. I even tried ear-plugs but they couldn't block it out. We only found a few tarps cought on our fence, no other damage.

Richard Bean said...

I had to use staples because at 23*F. tar and caulk won't do a lick of good and I didn't want big nails going into the wood. This was a great idea becuase much to my awful surprise I also found out that below the shingles there is nothing but old bare wood. Yep that's right, no tar paper! That would explain the leaks we've had over the last couple of years. Looks like this summer's project is a new roof. I am not a very happy camper right now! Grrrr!

Tink said...

I'm sorry about your roof! I hate finding out the little surprises that the previous owners neglect to share. Like the LIVE wire I discovered in our garden last year. Luckily I wasn't using a metal handled pick axe, or Todd would be telling the story!