Friday, January 11, 2008

Use It or Lose It

After over ten years I finally decided to pick up the sketchbook and pencil again. I have always been sad that I haven't kept up on my artwork. It's a great outlet for me. So, the other day I bought a sketchbook and sat down to some soft music and thoroughly enjoyed the hour. I have only whipped out a couple so far, but hopefully there is more to come. They're not masterpieces by any means, just a part of me I wanted to share. Thanks Richard for the easel and paints and DeAnna for the inspiration to not let something I love die.








7 comments:

DeAnna said...

My goodness for someone that is as good as you I think it would be a pitty not to do it!!! You really are very talented, amazingly your stuff looks that good after not doing it for 10 years! Mine don't look that good and I do it regularly.

Jenni said...

Wow. I'd totally forgotten that about you....SO glad you picked it back up. You're amazing!

Shortcake and Company said...

Carillisa, you really are good. I would love to have something you've sketched in my home! Keep up the sketching. I really admire your zest for life whether it's cooking, going to the temple, organizing, sketching....wow! You do it all.

Lees Everything Homemade said...

I'll have to post more pictures just to get such great feedback. You guys are great for the confidence! Thanks.

Becky said...

It's no wonder you enjoy it that much. I think I would to if I could get my work to look that good!

Tink said...

These look really nice! It's going to be a long time before I fit drawing back into my schedule so, do me a favor and draw another just for me. (Not to keep, just to enjoy:))

RA said...

Your good(REALLY GOOD)
rachel bean