Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Gavin and Allison went sledding yesterday and on the way home last night they were telling me of all their fun trips down the hill. And as Gavin has grown into quite a story-teller, you can imagine what he had to say. He exaggerates just as all good story-tellers should.

As he was describing a jump he went off, he said, "...I went six feet in the air! It was sooo cool!"

I like to keep Gavin in check with his stories by reminding him what is real and what isn't, so I said, "You mean, you felt like you were flying six feet into the air, because you probably weren't really six feet off the ground."


In an exasperated tone, he answered, "Mom, I am not talking about Human Six Feet, I am talking about Brownie Six Feet!"

Apparently six feet measures differently if you're a brownie.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm obviously a little dense....

What is a brownie? (Aside from those cookie selling girls outside of Wal-Mart.)

Lees Everything Homemade said...

Here's a quick explanation as to what a brownie is (thanks to fantasy fiction reading): A brownie is a little creature of fantasy. They stand just below a human knee. They are well-known for their cleaning abilities and they fix up anything that is broken.

Jenni said...

From a book series?

And they clean? Where do I get me one of these brownies?

Lees Everything Homemade said...

Do you remember the movie Willow? There were brownies on that show. And the books where I have read about them are the Spiderwick series and the Fablehaven books. Just in case you were wondering...

Becky said...

That's hilarious! Sounds like he'll be a great story teller just like his father - minus the brownies of course.