Thursday, November 1, 2007

Poor Alli...

While we were trick-or-treating last night, Alli tripped and fell. We were crossing a wide, busy street and trying to hurry because the opportunities to do so weren't coming around that often. As we sped across, she stumbled and down she went. Her elbows and knees caught her fall and she skinned all four. She also managed to spill candy out across the road.

We hurried Allison and the other kids safely out of the way and then my neighbor watched as the cars went by. As soon as she had a break in traffic, she jumped out to pick up a few pieces of candy until the next car came along. Four or five cars later, she managed to get it all except a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup that had been run over at least three times.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Oh how sad! Sorry Alli, for your wounds AND the Reese's.

DeAnna said...

OH...doesn't quite fit into Mom's dress yet I guess. :)

Lees Everything Homemade said...

Actually, she does fit into my dress! I zipped her up and as far as "girth" goes, she is perfect. It is about two inches too long in the back, but the front of the dress goes right to the ground.

I must say I was a little surprised to find that my prom dress fit her. I don't remember being that small in high school... Oh, I should have been happy in the moment!

Tink said...

Ohh poor Ali. XXX I'm sorry for that. I hope you could enjoy the fun anyway.