Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A New Kid on the Block


He has been complaining for almost a year now that he can't see and wants glasses. His complaining came at about the same time he kept asking for braces because he thought they'd be cool. It wasn't until his teacher told Gavin to "tell his mom" about the fact that he couldn't see things on the board from the third row that I finally decided to break down and have Dave take a look at his eyes.

When he sat in the chair and looked at that first set of letters, Dave asked him which ones he could read. Gavin hesitated and said, "Mmmm....Z?" With a look from Dave, I mean "Dr. Esplin", I knew he was definately going to need glasses! Poor kid. He hasn't been able to see very clearly for over a year now. I think my neglect puts me at pretty good odds to win "Mother of the Year 2007".

On the way home, he was a bit shocked that he was ACTUALLY going to get the glasses that he had been asking for. He said, "Wow. I am going to have all the ingredients for a real nerd now. Buck-Teeth and Glasses." He wasn't real thrilled about that part, but I don't think he looks nerdy. He's still pretty cute to me!

7 comments:

Alishia said...

He looks so handsome! What a cute kid...I wrote him a letter but I haven't sent it off yet!!!!!

DeAnna said...

I like the glasses, I think they are very sharp. Those pics on the side I do not remember (Andrew thinks that dress is hideous ha ha) Good times...I am sad I don't remember, but I am glad we have pictures to help us remember.

Luke and Ali Stewart said...

This is Ali Stewart from the good old FAR WEST BANK. Bean told me about your blog today and I thought you would enjoy looking at ours as well!

Becky said...

He looks pretty handsome - best lookin' nerd I've ever seen! :)

Betsy Lee said...

That's great! I bet he loves being able to see clearly now! Cute, even in glasses! :)

onehm said...

Way too cute to be a nerd!

...and there's no way that you can win that "mother of the year" award~
It's mine!
;o)

Tink said...

My goodness! I get out of the blog scene for a little while and I become completely out of touch!
Very cute glasses!
How is Dave, I mean Dr. Esplin?