Monday, March 24, 2008

EASTER 2008

Easter Morning - The Easter Bunny didn't come to our house on Sunday morning this year. Instead he visited on Friday night, in the hopes that Sunday would be calm and non-commercialized. To aid in this anti-chaos pledge, Mr. Bunny only brought the kids an outfit and a special chocolate egg. Very simple...up until we went outside to take a few photos of the occasion! (As a result, Easter pictures have just been moved to any day but Sunday).

For starters, the lighting was all wrong, no matter where I tried to stage the kids. They were either squinting, in shadow or both. To top off the frustration of location, my batteries died, again and again. We spent 30 minutes trying to find batteries in the house that would give enough juice to run the camera, from the flashlights in the drawer to the video game controllers. We even emptied batteries out of the old camera. Each time we switched batteries we were able to take one, maybe two pictures before the camera died. On the fourth switch in batteries, mom's patience had run out and unfortunately the goofy smiling kids took the brunt. You can't get kids to smile naturally by telling them to quit looking so "dorky", which was the only nice word I could come up with due to my exhaustion with the camera. Poor kids.

After all that, I downloaded the pictures and only half of them were viewable. I guess the loss in battery power screwed everything up. So, here's the best we could come up with for Easter Pictures 2008. Good job kids! Despite a cranky mom, you still managed some beautiful smiles.






9 comments:

Shortcake and Company said...

I thought your kids looked so cute on Sunday. I loved Allison's skirt. So, good job cranky mom!

Jenni said...

My gosh! They just keep growing! Tell them they're making me feel old!

Cute pics - just watch...years from now, they'll end up being your favorite ones!

Becky said...

That is too funny. I love that "dorky" was the nicest word - I am sure they'll be just fine! Ha ha. The pictures are cute and for heaven's sake C - your kids aren't ALWAYS going to look magazine perfect. (They usually do!) They look like cute grade school kids - dido to Jenni's. Luv 'em to death!
Better luck with the batteries next time. Yikes! I think I would flip my lid on that too.

Anna said...

Very cute. If you could put the top right one of Allison with the second to bottom left one of Gavin you would have a really good picture!!! Actually they all turned out cute. They are very photogenic. Growing up our Easter Bunny always came Friday night too. So for the first time the Easter bunny came to my kids house. Saturday we just found plastic Easter eggs with 3 jelly beans in each one. (About 8 eggs each kid) They couldn't have been happier.

Anna said...

Very cute. If you could put the top right one of Allison with the second to bottom left one of Gavin you would have a really good picture!!! Actually they all turned out cute. They are very photogenic. Growing up our Easter Bunny always came Friday night too. So for the first time the Easter bunny came to my kids house. Saturday we just found plastic Easter eggs with 3 jelly beans in each one. (About 8 eggs each kid) They couldn't have been happier.

Jami said...

I know, what is up with that age range when they stop being cute in every picture you take and you have to start trying to force something natural out of them? I've given up on Larrin, and I usually just cringe when she brings home her school pictures. At least Marley and Lucy are young enough ward off the dorky pictures for a few more years.

By the way, I actually love the squinty-eyed picture of Allison!

Lees Everything Homemade said...

So Gavin saw these pictures on the blog and was NOT happy that I posted his "dorky" shot. I told him the others looked good enough that he shouldn't worry about not looking GQ for all of them, but I thought it was funny that he cared so much.

Tink said...

So true! They look cute, as usual:)

Loraine said...

Oh I love the pictures!!!! Our kids are growing up. They are so dear. It doesn't matter their expression, in a few years they will look different and we will cherish that face that has changed.