Friday, March 7, 2008

A Child's Prayer

Occasionally, kids will say something in their prayers that make their parents chuckle. Last night was once of those times. Allison said the family prayer and asked Heavenly Father to please bless her mom, that she would get better at giving her shots so they wouldn't hurt anymore. She then blessed Gavin that he would learn how and be able to help her if she needed it. I waited for her to mention something about her dad, but her prayer ended. Unlike her mother, he gives the perfect shot and needed no extra blessing from heaven.

(Honestly, if dad's around, she'd rather him give the shots than anyone else, but this morning I gave the shot and she informed me that I am getting much better - it's true then, God answers prayers.)

5 comments:

Richard Bean said...

Yep, Dad is great!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Carillisa. It's Judy Walton. I apologize for "crashing" your blog without an invitation, but I spent some time with Jenni today and she filled me in on the events of your last few days. I just wanted to let you know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers as your family adjusts to Allison's illness. I was humbled by her prayer. Children cut right to the chase, don't they? She's a beautiful child, and she obviously has lots of faith. And so, all will be well. Though I haven't seen you for quite a while, I still love you like a daughter. Take care.

Becky said...

What a sweetie. I have to tell you this. Lauren got after Jon this morning for not blessing Allison over breakfast. So at lunch, it was her turn, and she was sure to ask Heavenly Father to bless Allison with a good day. :) It was so sweet, it even brought a little tear.

Laura F said...

It gets better... good for you for keeping your sense of humor!

Tink said...

Ha Ha