Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lauren





This my neice, Lauren and her grandma (my mother). I am sitting in a hospital room next to Lauren while her parents are away. Lauren had an accident and subsequently got a severe infection that required a 6 day stay in the hospital. Discharged and on the road to recovery, we thought this stress was over, but her symptoms returned.

Now, on a second visit, Lauren is here a minimum of 7 days while they help her body heal. She ended up having a little surgery to take care of an absess and where they found an unhealed wound and added a few stitches.

She has been quite the trooper and there are only a few things that compare to the chance I get to sit with her and watch Toy Story or Anastasia or read Sleeping Beauty to her. What a sweet little girl! Lauren, get better soon!

3 comments:

Tink said...

Amen!! Give her a kiss from me:(

Jenni said...

My goodness....can we say Mini-Becky? (Whether she's Becky's or not, I don't know. I just think she looks like her.)

I hope all is well soon...cute little thing!

Lees Everything Homemade said...

Yes, she's Becky's. No mistaking that one!