Monday, June 2, 2008

Plumbing - And It's Various...Um, "Applications"



Gavin and his father were working out in the garden last week figuring out the best solution for watering. Richard had various plumbing parts laying around and he asked Gavin to grab him a female connector, not the male one. (I'd definately prefer different names for these plumbing parts, but I guess I missed that meeting). So, Gavin hands him the part and then asks what all 11 year boys would ask, "Dad, why do they call them male and female?" A great question and thankfully Richard was on duty to answer it.

He explained the differences and how one part will fit nicely into another. At that precise moment, the lightbulb went on in that enlightened brain of Gavin's and he said, "Oh, yeah! Just like in real life."

Yes, Gavin. Just like in Real Life. I'll bet you never look at plumbing parts the same again.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

That's hilarious and scary. I'll send my kids your way when it comes time to talking about parts fitting together.

utmommy said...

I'm still laughing at that one!

Becky said...

That is too funny!
BTW I missed that meeting too.

Jenni said...

Oh, that cracks me up!

Jami said...

That is hilarious! I am NOT looking forward to those sorts of conversations with my 3 girls (I think Ellis really lucked out on that one.)

Anonymous said...

You have been added to the Class of 94 blog at this link
http://sfhs1994.blogspot.com/
Please visit and help us find more people!