Friday, June 13, 2008

FFA


What is something you are completely fantastic at, and what is something you are really crappy at?

I've decided to write according to my first thoughts and then follow-through without any consideration as to what I'm actually writing about because...

I am completely fantastic, and I mean FANTASTIC, at blurting out randomness. It doesn't even qualify as talking, really. If you need someone to change the topic on a whim and at 2 minute intervals, I'm your gal!

This ability has been in development for many years...when I was girl a common phrase was, "Carillisa, only tell me if you'd write it in your journal." Little did my father know, I wrote even more in my journal than I talked. After that discovery was made, the phrase changed to, "Go write it in your journal".

I am so good at what I do, I've decided I might bank on my talent and make a few extra bucks for my services. For instance, if you need someone to fill in empty talk time at a party, that can be arranged (for a minimal fee). If you need me to stand in as you argue with someone, I could prove very handy at interrupting and prohibiting any words in edge-wise. And because I have an opinion on just about everything (whether it's right or wrong), I have an endless source of material. Or perhaps you are in need of a good laugh, the good harty "laugh at someone, not with them" kind, in which case, I can do that too (of course, this one might cost more due to humiliation inflation). In fact, this last service might even be my best. All I have to do is open my mouth and start talking, the rest takes care of itself! "Open mouth and insert foot" is never wasted on me.

And as for the second part of the topic, what are you really crappy at? That's easy!

SHUTTING UP.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Carillisa, I LOVE IT!!! That was great! Alas, I had been thinking somewhat along the same lines. (It seems that we are kindred spirits in this.) Gosh, that was a great. Love the thing you're "bad" at. :)

Jami said...

You are fantastic at talking! It's one of the reasons I love hanging out with you. Really, I have no use for the shy, meek type. If you can't hold your own in the conversation, then what fun is that?

brenda said...

i would hire you in a second. if for nothing less then to let me hear an adult voice all day long. i would love to look at someone that is either not drooling or trying to chew on my any chance she gets and someone who does not begin every other sentence with "Why..." i would also hire you to chat with any telemarketer that may call. you could charge $10 for every subject you could talk about before you were hung up on and another $50 if they never call back. i'm seeing big bucks in your future.