Monday, November 3, 2008

Bedroom Makeover



I wish I had better before pictures of this project, but regardless, I think it turned out pretty cute. I have wanted to paint Allison's furniture for a few years now and FINALLY got around to it. The dresser and nightstand used to be a yellowish stained color with gold drawer pulls. The cedar chest I got for free from a friend that was sending it to D.I. and it used to have a checkered, dark brown pad on top and was a dark stain with those old fashioned, big cover-plate type handles.

All in all, I am very pleased with the results. The cost: $26.00 on new paint brushes, spray paint for turning gold drawer pulls into silver ones and fabric to recover the cushion. (I already had the paint in the garage waiting to be used on a fence, but even if the cost of paint were added, I only used half a gallon for the entire project.)

Now I am working on a few accent pillows and some curtains. I know. Very homemakey. Who would have guessed I had it in me?







7 comments:

Jenni said...

Amazing what a coat of paint does, huh! Looks great, Martha!

Betsy Lee said...

Very nice! I love the chest! Oh, and who would have guessed you were homemakey? Are you kidding??! :P

Shortcake and Company said...

So cute! I love furniture with character. Looks great...

Alishia said...

Oh it looks great! You finally got it done! You have talked about wanting to do that forever! :) It's very cute! And yay for another post!

DeAnna said...

Cuter in real life :) You are such a good decorater (sp?) I should have you come do my house.

Tink said...

I love it. You are right, the chest looks completely different. The bed spread looks the same though. Did I miss something?

Lori Deschamps said...

Hi! I found your blog off of the SFHS website. Your family is so CUTE! Your daughter is beautiful!!! If you get a chance I'd love to hear from you. My email is lori@xpressbillpay.com. Love, Lori (Johansen)