Friday, November 14, 2008

Suprise!

Last weekend we stole the kids from school and took them to California. The idea was to surprise their Aunt Barbie for her birthday and in return, surprise the kids with a trip to see their aunt in Northern Cali. Saturday was spent at Six Flags, a definate highlight for Gavin and true to Allison's instinct, she stayed planted firmly on the ground most of the time.

It started with a clue, followed by nine more with the intent to have them try and guess where we were going. Each clue had a letter or two that was bolded and capitalized. At the end, they had to unscramble the letters to spell out "AUNT BARBIE". We made it to Reno with Gavin still thinking we were headed to Mexico.


Gavin was slightly embarassed to ride the kiddie rides with his sister - they were the only rides we could get her on and even at that, she only tried out half of them.


I think I have a picture of this from every trip we take. I can't help it!


This is Medusa. Apparently it's the fastest roller coaster in the States (at least that is what Gavin said he read in the World Record book. Needless to say, he was VERY excited about this ride). Richard said he'll never ride another roller coaster unless he's on the front. Apparently, it's THAT good.


Another favorite ride, Velocity. And no, we did not turn this picture around. That is in fact, Gavin smiling while hanging upside down before he shot back down. They actually talked me into this one and I screamed myself hoarse and deaf. Won't do it again.



Yeah, I hated this one too. Gavin and Richard sat in front of me and laughed at me the whole ride.


The kiddie whale ride.

Aunt Barbie has a pool and despite the fact that the tempurature was around 70 and the water around 60, the kids insisted they be allowed to swim. They froze to death! Here they are getting ready to jump in together.




The west side of the house was hot from the sun. They spent more time flayed out against the stucco then then they did in the pool.





9 comments:

Betsy Lee said...

Hey, I've been to that Six Flags!! And I rode on that Medussa ride!! That is an AWESOME ride!!! So, that's just crazy that you randomly went to CA one weekend! Here we live so close and we had no idea you were even gone! That WAS a surprise! Fun surprise for the kids.

latinlees said...

That looks like so much fun. It makes me want to come home even more then ever. Thanks for the pictures

Shortcake and Company said...

Okay I don't know what picture is funnier...you or the one with embarrassed Gavin. Sounds like you guys had fun.

Becky said...

HOW FUN!! That is so cute of those kids. And what cute parents to surprise them like that.
Love that picture of your hair flailing about! It really doesn't look like you enjoyed that ride.
What a great birthday for Aunt Barbie. :)

DeAnna said...

That would explain why you didn't answer your phone! That looks like a great time, you got some great pictures/video. I did laugh pretty good with that picture of you...what fun!

Alishia said...

Yeah, shows how much we talk! :( I had no idea you guys were even going! WoW! That looks like so much fun! I hope to see you guys soon!

Loraine said...

Looks like you had a great trip! The kids will love the memories of the "surprise trip to California." Fun! Thanks for sharing.

Tink said...

Brrrrr! Thanks for the pics and film

amberandlandon said...

What a fun family trip! Looks like a lot of fun. My parents suprised us with a trip to california once and it is something I will always remember, I thought my parents were the coolest. I love the picture where your hair is flying haha.