Wednesday, October 14, 2009

No More Spankin's

We have trouble "encouraging" Allison to keep her room clean. She can have it completely cleaned up and the next day it looks like a tornado hit it. I honestly don't understand. We have tried just about everything. We have threatened extra jobs, groundings, and this last time Richard said he'd spank her for every item left out. Yeah, that didn't really stick because he's developed a hatred toward spanking his kids. Well, this afternoon inspiration came to me. She can pick up dog poop. There seems to be a never ending mess in her room and we have a constant supply of "punishment".

So, that's exactly what she got to do today and after her little experience, I think we found a cure to a her incessantly messy room. She came in from outside completely grossed out.

It's been raining the last couple of days and well, you can imagine. In the process of cleaning up, the bag broke on her and covered her hand and arm. She came running in and practically poured liquid soap all over all exposed skin, while freaking out about the liquid state of the mess she was cleaning off her arms. Poor thing...I was no support. I just chuckled inside and thought to myself, "this is definately going to do the trick!"


8 comments:

DeAnna said...

Poor Kid, I can't wait until I have kids to clean up my dogs poop.

Becky said...

Haha. Yay for kids! I guess that's one thing to look forward to, right Nan?
You'll have to let us know if it sticks. (the punishment that is..AH ha ha ha - dumb joke...I haven't been around adults for a while!)

Jenni said...

Smart!

Malia said...

Now that is a great idea!! I seem to have the same problem--poop and messy rooms.

Brianna said...

Poor Allison! You better not share your great ideas with my dad Carillisa... we don't have a dog, but I'm sure he can come up with something just as bad!

Melissa S. said...

Ok I love this story! I remember the dog poop days but luckily as the oldest it was never my job, thank goodness!

Tink said...

awesome!

Tink said...

Oh my gosh that is nasty! Poor Alli.
I can't believe my mom thinks that is awesome!
Kali